Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Lets meet the family!

   I guess I should do an introduction to my family, I mean it is nice to know who you are reading about right? First, no real names will be used for obvious reasons and locations may also change to protect everyone. Just the basics of the family there is my husband, me, 1 stepson age 8, 1 stepdaughter 12, no bio kids from me, 2 dogs, 2 cats and 6 chickens.

   I guess since I'm writing this thing I should start with me! I'm going to give a brutally honest assessment of myself or at least try to. My name is......Shit, lets go with THE QUEEN (aren't most evil stepmoms queens?) JK lets go with Maeve, I always liked that name. So, I'm barley in my 30's now but I'm still there! I'm originally from  New Orleans but now live in the middle of nowhere Illinois (we will get to that later). Right now I am a stay at home stepmom but hopefully that will change now that the kids are going back to school. I work back and forth between the medical field and working with animals. I love doing both. I do have a mental illness, I'm very open about it because I think bringing awareness that people that you least expect to have one can. My kids (yes I call my step-kids my kids, if you don't like it, oh well) are probably the only people I hide it from. Anyways, everyone knows someone with a mental illness, and they should not have to be ashamed of it anymore than anyone with diabetes or cancer should, it's nothing you can control, you didn't ask for it and it isn't going to just disappear. Mine is very well maintained, I stick to my medications and see my doctor often and for the most part my life goes on as usual like every one else, you honestly would never know.

   Okay, so lets get to my amazing husband.......Atticus. (I'm just going to use all of the baby names I loved but never got to use). Lets see Atticus is obviously the father of my 2 stepkids, he is extremely hard working and would do anything for his family. He is our provider, protector, and the best husband and father any one could ask for. He is very hands on with his kids, even after working outside in extreme weather and long hours he will still come home and make time to play with his children and help them with their homework. With me he has been my rock. I left my home state and all of my family to be with him and even though it is really hard at times he is worth it. He is calm, and stable and understanding which can be the opposite of me and my severe anxiety and depression. He deals with my mental health issues without batting a eye and just helps me in any way I need him too. He is loving and affectionate and makes me feel beautiful and loved every day even when I just feel like a short round meatball. Women look at us confused all the time because he is super good looking and well I'm short and thick. Trust me ladies, I don't get it either, I was short and thick when we reconnected, I didn't trick him and have him marry a pretty thin girl and then gain weight on him, he's always just loved me for who I am. How great is that!

   What to say about Wilder? Well the name is absolutely fitting. Wilder is 8 years old, he was 5 when we met. He is the funniest, most caring, sharing little boy you will ever meet, he will give you his last candy if you ask for it or the toy he is playing with if you want it. He is just getting into wrestling and like his coaches say he is made for it. He is 100% boy. If you can drag him away from the TV you will find him bare foot, shirtless running around the yard paying with the dogs, catching frogs or bugs or wrangling up the chickens and playing in mud. He has his fathers smile that can light up a room and a laugh that makes you laugh along with him and he loves to make people laugh with his dancing or crazy jokes that make no sense. I love everything about him even when he makes it hard or doesn't want me to. He also has ADHD so he has his challenges with some behavior issues, especially when it comes to me (more on that later).

   Ainsley. Ainsley is 12, she was 9 when we first met. Ainsley is very smart, mostly a straight A student and is very hard on herself if she gets anything less. I see great things for her in her future if she stays on the path she is on, she is already thinking about college. She is a bit on the shy side, keeps to herself more, isn't the best at making friends but also doesn't really care about friends that much. She has pretty girl syndrome, girls are intimidated/jealous of her looks because she is a very pretty, tall, blonde hair, blue eyed girl who is a bit more developed than most girls her age and looks about 14. So on top of that she is very smart and would rather read and spend her lunch in the library than sit around and gossip. She is also very into the arts, she's a very talented artist, singer and she loved doing plays and drama. On the other side Ainsley has never made it easy for me. Even when I think we have finally made it to the good part and she tells me she loves me and we are like BFFs we can easily take 20 steps back in a day. 

   Well that is my family! We love hard, and argue and have outside influences that can make life hard but in the end we all stick together. The kids have already decided that they are becoming millionaires and buying big castles and their dad and I will live with them forever so I guess we are doing something right!


No comments:

Post a Comment